The scientific programme will regularly be updated online. A combination of plenary lectures, expert and themed sessions, congress symposia, satellite symposia, interactive poster presentations, an active social programme, and hospitable surroundings will support learning, networking and professional interchanges.
Check back here soon for updated online programme
The programme offers the following sessions:
10 Plenary lectures
- Vittorio Ventafridda Award lecture
- 3 Early Researcher awarded lectures
- Cicely Saunders Award lecture
- 5 more plenary lectures will be selected from best submitted abstracts
6 Invited Themed sessions
- Palliative Care outcomes
- Effective components of palliative care interventions
- Health service quality & performance and costs
- Integration of Specialist Palliative Care: organisational models of collaboration for optimal research
- Palliative Care in intensive care units
- Opioid ‘challenges’
Children’s Palliative Care Seminar
An entire online area will be dedicated to research in paediatric palliative care with a theme of Putting Research into Practice. Read more here
Free Communication Sessions
126 oral presentations from selected submitted abstracts will shape 21 free communication sessions.
Poster discussion sessions
Experts will chair discussions of selected posters.
The programme includes company sponsored satellite symposia.
Dedicated time will be allocated for interactive poster visits.