The scientific programme will regularly be updated online. A combination of plenary lectures, expert and themed sessions, congress symposia, satellite symposia, interactive poster presentations, an active social programme, and hospitable surroundings will support learning, networking and professional interchanges.
The programme offers the following sessions:
10 Plenary lectures
- Vittorio Ventafridda Award session
- 3 Early Researcher awarded lectures
- 5 more plenary lectures will be selected from best submitted abstracts
6 Themed sessions
- Palliative Care outcomes
- Effective components of palliative care interventions
- Quality & performance of hospice services/ costs
- Integration of Specialist Palliative Care: organisational models of collaboration for optimal research
- Palliative Care in ICU
- Opioid ‘challenges’
Children’s Palliative Care Satellite Conference
Free Communication Sessions
125 sessions for oral presentations will be designed based on the selection of submitted abstracts
Poster discussion sessions
Experts will chair discussions of selected posters.
The programme includes company sponsored satellite symposia.
Dedicated time will be allocated for interactive poster visits.