The scientific programme will regularly be updated online. A combination of plenary lectures, expert and themed sessions, congress symposia, satellite symposia, interactive poster presentations, an active social programme, will support learning, networking and professional interchanges.
The programme offers the following sessions:
Late Breaking Abstracts: COVID-19 and the Palliative Care Response
10 Plenary lectures
- Vittorio Ventafridda Award lecture
- 3 Early Researcher awarded lectures
- Cicely Saunders Award lecture
- 5 plenary lectures have been selected from best submitted abstracts
6 Invited Themed sessions
- Palliative Care outcomes
- Effective components of palliative care interventions
- Health service quality & performance and costs
- Integration of Specialist Palliative Care: organisational models of collaboration for optimal research
- Palliative Care in intensive care units
- Opioid ‘challenges’
Children’s Palliative Care Seminar
An entire online area is dedicated to research in paediatric palliative care with a theme of Putting Research into Practice. Read more here
Free Communication Sessions
oral presentations from selected submitted abstracts will be available as on demand content.
Poster discussion sessions
Experts will chair discussions of selected posters.
The programme includes company sponsored satellite symposia.
ePosters will be available on the congress platform at all times for participants during the Congress and in an online archive following the Congress. Attendees will be able to easily find and browse posters and download them in PDF format.