Late Breaking Abstracts for the EAPC World Research Congress Online
COVID-19 and the Palliative care response
The 11th EAPC World Research Congress will take place online in autumn 2020. Palliative care has played a key role in the COVID-19 pandemic. With this in mind we have reopened our abstract system specifically for abstracts relating to COVID-19 and the Palliative Care response.
Each abstract will be reviewed by at least two members of the congress scientific committee comprising of experts from a range of professions and countries. Abstracts should be submitted by email or using the form below to: Alice.Gallivanone@istitutotumori.mi.it
Closing date for abstract submissions is 31st July
- The abstract text cannot exceed 2000 characters (incl. space, excl. title and authors).
- Abstracts must be written in English, explained abbreviations may be used (please carefully check the spelling and grammar). Problems with the intelligibility of abstracts will lead to their rejection.
- The abstract text must not contain any information about the presenters or institutions involved, in order to facilitate the blind review process.
- The number of authors should not exceed twelve.
- References are not required. If supplied, they are included in the character count.
- Although case reports will be considered by the scientific committee, such abstracts will be given a low priority.No abstracts reporting on studies at a very early stage or study protocols will be accepted.
- Generic drug names should be preferred. The use of trade names is discouraged, and should only be used when necessary.
- Only one table may be included per abstract.
- The main source of funding of a study should be indicated at the end of the abstract.
- The abstract must not have been published at an international congress before.
- The abstract must not have been published in any international or national journal.
- Methods (design, data collection, analysis)
- Conclusion / Discussion
- Aims or goal of the work
- Design, methods and approach taken
- Conclusion / lessons learned
Abstract Submission Form
Abstract Portal (for non late breaking abstracts)
The abstract submission portal is now closed to non COVID related abstracts. Abstract presenters can view but not edit their accepted abstracts here (access to online abstract submission portal for non COVID related abstracts)